The Mercedes Benz service plan for model years 1998 and newer follows a Flexible Service System that features alternating service needs in the form of Service A and Service B. You may also see these appointments listed as Flex A and Flex B or Schedule A and Schedule B.
Service A Schedule for your Mercedes Benz
Service A is not as extensive as B Service. For most Mercedes models, your service indicator will recommend Service A at 10,000 miles and every subsequent 20,000 mile interval. The Service A maintenance appointment will include the following tasks:
- Change engine oil and filter,
- Check the warning and indicator lamps and horn for functionality,
- Check the windshield/headlamp wiper and washer systems for functionality and fluid levels,
- Ensure that seat belts are functioning correctly,
- Inspect tires and check tire pressure (including spare),
- Inspect brake pad thickness and disc condition,
- Check and correct all fluid levels, and
- Reset your vehicle's FSS counter.
In all SLK, CLK, C-Class, and E-Class models, you'll also need to replace the dust filter.
Further Maintenance For Your Mercedes
Flex schedules vary depending on the class and model year of your Mercedes. Service A and Service B will be the Flex task lists that you will use most often. For information on other Service schedules, please see our list of Mercedes Service, Maintenance, and Repair articles.