Service B, also know as Flex B, or Schedule B, is a service interval in the Mercedes Flexible Service System. You'll need to perform Service B when you service indicator system alerts you that it is necessary, typically at 20,000 miles and every 20,000 mile interval after that. Service B alternates with Service A, as well as a few other service interval options.
Service B Schedule for your Mercedes Benz
The Service B maintenance appointment will include the following tasks:
- Change engine oil and filter,
- Replace windshield wiper inserts,
- Inspect all tires for pressure for and wear (including spare),
- Rotate tires,
- Lubricate and inspect throttle linkage,
- Check parking brake for functionality and inspect brake pad thickness and disc conditions,
- Check steering play for proper functionality,
- Examine headlamps and exterior lamps, warning and indicator lamps, and horn for proper functionality,
- Check windshield/headlamp wiper and washer systems for functionality and fluid levels,
- Check seat belts and backrest lock (S-Class only) for proper functionality,
- Inspect front axle ball joints, rubber boots, and Poly-V-belt,
- Check major components for leakage,
- Check for chafe marks, line routing, components,
- Check and correct all fluid levels, and
- Reset your vehicle's FSS counter.
In all SLK, CLK, C-Class, and E-Class models, as well as in S-Class and SL-Class models without the active charcoal filter, you'll also need to replace the dust filter.
Further Maintenance For Your Mercedes
Flex schedules vary depending on the class and model year of your Mercedes. Service A and Service B will be the Flex task lists that you will use most often. To learn more about the Mercedes Flex Service System and other Mercedes repair and maintenance topics, please see our list of Mercedes Service, Maintenance, and Repair articles.